Christ Lives In You!
This includes you who were once far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions. Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body.
- The Gospel message is inclusive
- There is a need for the Gospel because WE are separated from God
- Christ’s death is the means of ending that separation
As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault. But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it.
- When God looks at YOU (if you surrender your life to Christ) He sees Christ!
- But it can’t be a momentary whim, it must be committed to with your entire being
Don’t drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul, have been appointed as God’s servant to proclaim it.
- The world around you will cause us to doubt, but we can tap into total assurance
- What gives believers this assurance? He is going to tell us in a couple sentences
- This message has changed the world…
- Paul serves His Lord, and that means proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ
I am glad when I suffer for you in my body, for I am participating in the sufferings of Christ that continue for his body, the church. God has given me the responsibility of serving his church by proclaiming his entire message to you.
- He understands the reality that serving God means suffering like Christ
- He has been given a role in the church / body of Christ, just like you have been
- The ‘Entire Message’ is crucial…
This message was kept secret (a mystery) for centuries and generations past, but now it has been revealed to God’s people. For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too.
- Think ‘Mystery’ rather than secret…
- God’s plan has come to fruition and revealed in Christ to those who would believe
- What Jesus Christ offers is for Jew and gentile alike (everyone)
And this is the mystery / secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.
- The ‘Mystery’ is that God’s Spirit lives in those who surrender to Christ
- And HE ‘The Holy Spirit in You’ gives you the assurance of your salvation
How have you come to recognize that were separated from God by your sin?
What makes Christ death and your faith in it enough to reconcile you to your creator?
What must you do to stand blameless before God? (according to Scripture)
What makes you need assurance of your reconciled relationship with God?
Since becoming a disciple of Christ what have you had to suffer?
What are the key aspects of the Gospel that comprise the entire message?
How would you explain the assurance you have that God’s Spirit lives in you?